- Belinda is an artist and a graphic/website designer – started working as a website designer 20 years ago
- Her whole 20 years of working has been adapting and not being afraid to try things out because that’s how you learn
- If you are just starting out with social media, try just one. If you do all things at once it can be very overwhelming
- Use what is comfortable since it’s you will be driving the platform
- Different platforms have different audiences – know who you’re targeting and where they are on social media – it all depends on your style of art
- Facebook just recently changed their algorithm so unless you are talking or engaging with your audience they won’t post your photos on your timeline
- Why use social media? Quite simply it’s because you’re getting your art in front of people who otherwise won’t see it. It is a necessity these days.
- How are you getting people to find you? It depends on the gallery owner, if you already have profile out there if you have a website that may be an advantage. Although, some gallery owners don’t like it
- Google AdWords – you are investing a lot of money with some return – it’s like the stock market because the words change each day
- Organic means you’re not paying anything to get on top of the search results page
- Being mobile responsive – how people are going to see your site on your phone
- Big tip: make sure that you have a some sort of reporting or analytics on your website or social media to look at on who is coming your site, page and make sure to look at that regularly. That information gives you the ability to get feedback
- http://www.creativehardt.com.au/ is my illustration website. Check out Belinda’s services through her website: http://www.belindalindhardt.com.au/
- She offers packages and training to people, and is excellent at her craft!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More