Tracey-Maree Smith is an Australian artist who thinks she is born an artist as she possesses the quality of being an artist – introvert, empathic, loner, etc.
- When she was young, she wanted to become an Art teacher
- Started an art business with 2 friends in Newcastle but she ended up burnt out as she just wanted to paint without having to tell clients to change her work, etc.
- As a designer, she was very corporate and simple and minimalist, as a painter she wants to make a mess and paint intuitively
- She talked about her artist’s journey – from not knowing where/what to do to being a finalist to different prestigious art prizes
- Being a designer is part of her story because that is her life
- She’s a full-time parent and if she has an exhibition coming up she spends 20-30 hours holding the brush
- She also talked about her meditation retreat where she donated a painting to raise money for a good cause
Check out her art work through her website.