I am such a fan of painter Catherine Cassidy and I am so excited that I had the opportunity to chat with her!
- Growing up, Catherine was always drawing and painting, she remembers doing her art forever
- In the end, self-doubt becomes your friend. If you don’t have it, you’re missing something. Good artists are not driven by confidence, they are driven by absolute excitement
- Catherine can be a bit of a loner and this sometimes shows itself while looking at other people’s work
- She does painting for fun and doesn’t want to take the fun out of it by doing art prizes. What she’s doing makes her free as a bird and doesn’t want it contained in any way
- We also discussed her views about being a female artist in a male-dominated industry and some tips about juggling art and family